or 4 payments of $24.75 AUD with Info
The NYC Taxi canvas print is formed using quotes about this bustling city.
Dreams can be made here, or at home by adding a piece of this magical city to your home collection.
|Material:||Print is on a high quality 360gsm canvas, stretched across a 3cm frame ready to hang.|
|Delivery:||5-10 business days from receiving payment|
Have a question before purchasing? Contact us here.
The words used to form this artwork are:
- I believe in New Yorkers. Whether they’ve ever questioned the dream in which they live, I wouldn’t know, because I won’t ever dare ask that question.
- Give me such shows give me the streets of Manhattan!
- New York is the meeting place of the peoples, the only city where you can hardly find a typical American.
- A middle finger is more New York than a corporate ambush.
- I bleed for my hometown, and I’d die for my fans.
- One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years.
- I love New York City. The reason I live in New York City is because it’s the loudest city on the planet Earth. It’s so loud I never have to listen to any of the shit that’s going on in my own head. It’s really loud. They literally have guys come with jackhammers and they drill the streets and just leave cones in front of your apartment; you don’t even know why. Garbage men come; they don’t pick up the garbage, they just bang the cans together. New York was a city where you could be frozen to death in the midst of a busy street and nobody would notice. So I went to New York City to be born again. It was and remains easy for most Americans to go somewhere else and start anew. I wasn’t like my parents. I didn’t have any supposedly sacred piece of land or shoals of friends to leave behind.
- Nowhere has the number zero been of more philisophical value than in the United Statea and when the [train] plunged into a tunnel under New York City, with its lining of pipes and wires, I was out of the womb and into the birth canal.
- Practically everybody in New York has half a mind to write a book, and does.
- New York now leads the world’s great cities in the number of people around whom you shouldn’t make a sudden move.
- Make your mark in New York and you are a made man.
- Whoever is born in New York is ill-equipped to deal with any other city: all other cities seem, at best, a mistake, and, at worst, a fraud.
- No other city is so spitefully incoherent.
- New York, you are an Egypt! But an Egypt turned inside out. For she erected pyramids of slavery to death, and you erect pyramids of democracy with the vertical organ-pipes of your skyscrapers all meeting at the point of infinity of liberty!
- It is often said that New York is a city for only the very rich and the very poor. It is less often said that New York is also, at least for those of us who came there from somewhere else, a city for only the very young.
- And New York is the most beautiful city in the world? It is not far from it.
- No urban night is like the night there. Squares after squares of flame, set up and cut into the aether.
- Here is our poetry, for we have pulled down the stars to our will.
- There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless.
- In New York you’ve got to have all the luck. There is no place like it, no place with an atom of its glory, pride, and exultancy. It lays its hand upon a man’s bowels; he grows drunk with ecstasy; he grows young and full of glory, he feels that he can never die.
- A hundred times have I thought New York is a catastrophe, and fifty times: It is a beautiful catastrophe.
- When you leave New York, you are astonished at how clean the rest of the world is. Clean is not enough.
- For me, New York is comfortable, not strange.
- The glamour of it all! New York! America! New York City is a great monument to the power of money and greed a race for rent.
- One’s life and passion may be elsewhere, but New York is where you prove if what you think in theory makes sense in life.
- There’s something so romantic about being broke in New York. You gotta do it. You have to live there once without any money, and then you have to live there when you have money. Let me tell you, of the two, the latter is far better.
- My favorite thing about New York is the people, because I think they’re misunderstood. I don’t think people realize how kind New York people are. When I’m in New York, I just want to walk down the street and feel this thing, like I’m in a movie. I can’t with any conscience argue for New York with anyone. It’s like Calcutta. But I love the city in an emotional, irrational way, like loving your mother or your father even though they’re a drunk or a thief. I’ve loved the city my whole life - to me, it’s like a great woman.
Select your own quotes and words for this image by requesting a FREE DRAFT of your personalised artwork!